Saturday, May 14, 2011

Birthdays, Mother's Day, the Zoo, Racecars, and Babies

      Sorry I haven't been keeping up with the blog. This week I promise to get back to writing. My energy level has been next to nothing lately. Anywho.... Subbing.....only 3 more weeks! YAY! Days at work FLY by and I can't believe I have been teaching for a month! Keeping 7th graders focused at the end of the year is pretty hard to do, but I am doing my best!:) I enjoy teaching again, but not ready to jump back in just yet.

     So....what's been new in our world: well we have been to the zoo for our Mother's Day/John's Bday.... SO MUCH FUN! Ava absolutely LOVED the zoo, she ran from animal to animal talking all about them! She loved the polar bears the most! Madison enjoyed the huge fish tanks because she could get right up to each animal. Madison is working hard in therapy and making more eye contact than ever. :)

     Ava has been obsessed with the movie Cars lately! She loves "Queen" (Lightning McQueen) and has the pjs, plates, and Cars wallet to prove it! She is so funny! John got a "Queen" shirt too! She loves it!

     Today was my Mom's Birthday and I took her to Chicago to do some shopping at the wholesale jewelry stores.... SO FUN! We got such great deals on all sorts of fun costume jewelry and she even got a purse "Vera Bradley" style for $10! We then went to Old Orchard Mall for lunch and some shopping for the girls at the Disney store. Ice Cream on the way home was the cherry on top! :) 

       The other day, it hit 87 degrees and I was able to get the girls out to play in the water table after work! Love them and their curiosity of water and water table toys! :) Now, if the cold weather could just go away and the warm air could return all would be good!

       ALSO: this week I became a first time Godmother! My goddaughter Taylor Elizabeth Susan was born! She is absolutely beautiful! I haven't held a newborn since the girls were born! So happy to have such great friends, Amy and Tom, give me such a wonderful honor.
      My friend Jamie also gave birth to a baby girl: Gianna....three days later! We all are in the same circle of friends, so for two of them to have babies in the same week was so amazing!
  
"Queen" Jammies for Ava

Princess jams for Madison

Watching Dora together

My Goddaughter Taylor


Water table fun!

Madison and the water table
             ~Enjoy the weekend!~       

No comments:

Post a Comment