Almost everyday, at some random point Ava asks me if today is Christmas. She is so excited about the whole concept this year. So cute. We tried an advent calendar and she got "bored" of it by Day 5. So, we keep telling her it isn't today, but it is soon. She helped me write her letter to Santa and can't wait to leave Santa cookies and carrots for the reindeer, especially Rudolph who she is very fond of.... just melts my heart.
Madison doesn't understand any of it, which is so hard because Ava now gets the "magic of Christmas." I can hear it in her voice and see it in her eyes when she talks about Santa, etc. Madison doesn't know what day, time, or holiday it is. She doesn't get that presents are fun or exciting. She is happy with what she has. I wish Madison's cognitive ability was at a higher level than it is so things would be as exciting and vibrant as they are for Ava.....but I am hopeful that someday it possibly will be.
One day, one holiday at a time.
What I do know, both of my girls are happy and healthy and I love her! Ava asks me what Madison wants from Santa and we talk about it and Ava gets happy for her, which is sweet. She wants Madison included in on everything. She loves her ZaZa. We have two very sweet, sweet girls.
This holiday season is magical. Enjoying every minute of it.


Can't wait to celebrate with all of you!
ReplyDelete