Along with Madison's therapy we are trying new therapy "equiptment" to see if helps Madison along her journey.... today we got the PeaPod. A peapod helps kids get "deep pressure" into her muscles which sends calming stimulation to her brain. It looks like a giant pea pod (or dinosaur or boat- according to Ava). Our first attempt today freaked Madison out- not going to lie. She felt nervous and uncomfortable. So, it didn't last long, but in the future when she is having a "sensory overload" day, we are hoping this is something she eventually finds comfort in. Until then, Ava has made it her "boat" and is filling it up all day.
I think I am going to fill it with plastic balls to make it more appealing for her..... I will keep you posted....
 |
| The Pea Pod |
 |
| Get me outta here!!! |
 |
| The "boat" |
Whenever we used to introduce anything new to Abby for her sensory needs, it took her forever to warm up to it, so I totally understand this post. =) Have you guys ever been given the vest you strap on them? It goes around their belly, then it has straps that velcro and go up around her shoulders. I'll have to take a pic and show it to you. =)
ReplyDeleteWe have the weighted vest which is ok for her.....the compression vest stressed her out. I hope she starts adapting to these sensory tools. I think they could really help.
ReplyDelete