Thursday, March 17, 2011

Putting out fires.....

      I feel like a wrangler these days.... the terrible 2's are hitting hard. It appears that both girls are getting in their 2 year molars..... which is additional fun to the mix! Ava goes this way- Madison goes that way. One cries, the other cries..... one falls, the other falls..... one screams....well you get it. It's non-stop craziness.

      This stage is indeed a test of patience and nerves! It's amazing how many times Ava can say "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy....."  "Yes, Ava?" "Hi Mommy!" Ah, yes..... this happens about 20 times a day. Madison's sensory issues are also another test of patience. She still has no words, which is hard.... Ava is talking in paragraphs it seems and I have got nothing from our sweet Madison. I know her time will come, so I keep trying: simple words and facial massage. I hope to hear her sweet voice soon! 

    But, these terrible two days are also precious to me, I know how much they develop and change within a matter of weeks at this age.....pretty soon (mid-April) I will be substitute teaching for a dear friend for 7 weeks straight. I am VERY nervous to be without my lil girls..... I have been here with them since birth and this will be the longest period of "working" time for me yet. It will be good for them to not be dependent on just me, their Grammy and Nana will do an amazing job so that puts me at ease. They both have watched them while I have subbed here and there. I will just miss all the little things I get to experience with them on a daily basis. Snuggling them after naps, singing silly songs during lunch, playing hide-and-seek after breakfast. But, I have to remember it's only 6 weeks and will be some great funds before the summer hits. Ok, no tears.....  they will be just fine.... and so will I..... right??!?!

LOVE MY CRAZY GIRLS!

1 comment:

  1. They will do awesome!!!! I can never thank you enough for taking my leave and putting my mind to rest so I can enjoy some bonding time with my new little girl!!! Love you Lori!!!

    ReplyDelete